If you have experienced weight re-gain after weight loss surgery, we are here to help you get back on track! If you need to get back on track, you are not alone and here are the best ways to do just that:
- Remember why you wanted to lose weight in the first place and how it felt after you accomplished your goal.
- Identify the possible reasons why you got off track. Write them down, acknowledge them and commit to take action. There is no need for you to practice negative self-talk. We realize this is easier said than done but critical for you to be able to move forward.
- Brush off your educational materials and schedule time with us if you want or need additional structure and accountability.
- Get back to the basics:
- Commit to journaling your food and drink – at least for now. When you write down what you eat and drink, you can get a much better picture of the changes that need to occur.
- Focus on hydration (water is best). Be wary of liquids with high sugar/calories. These make it easy to get off track and when eliminated make it easier to get back on track.
- Monitor your meal timing. Are you eating 2-3 meals per day focused on quality protein and colorful veggies or are you grazing throughout the day with many small meals? Remember, these small meals tend to add up to many carbohydrates and calories so you want to avoid it.
- If you are only willing to count 1 thing then count your total carbohydrate intake. Keep it below 50 grams/day. Then see if your weight drops. If not, lower it some. It can be difficult to tell what your carbohydrate ceiling limit is. This limit is the tipping point between weight loss and weight gain.
- If you are willing to count 2 things, count your protein as well. This is usually easy to do. As you know, your protein and healthy fats are what keeps you feeling satisfied and full.
- Make sure you are adding activity into your routine. Move your body – do something you enjoy – if you don’t enjoy it, you will be less likely to follow-through.
- Try one of our Jump Start Programs. Quick results can add the motivation you need to keep going.
- Reach out to us for added guidance and accountability!
We are here for you! Reach out to us if you want to learn more about our Jump Start or Back on Track Programs.